Reposting to Instagram isn’t natively possible yet, but there are several lightweight and easy-to-use apps that add functionality to the social network. Don’t forget to repost photos and videos always giving credit to the author. Thus, it avoids possible copyright issues.
Among the most popular apps for reposting a post on the social network are:
They all work very similarly and, for our tutorial, we opted for Repost for Instagram – Regram. The app was chosen because it is the option capable of copying the caption of the post that will be republished as well.
1. Download Repost for Instagram – Repost on your mobile;
2. Once the installation is complete, open the Instagram app;
3. When you find the content you want to report, click on the three dots icon above the photo or video;
4. Tap Copy Link ;
5. Open Repost for Instagram – Regram. The content will automatically be displayed in the New Post tab. Tap on it;
6. In the editing options, choose where the box with the credit for the image will be located or if it will not be credited (we do not recommend it). It is also possible to change the credit background color on the buttons with the letters L , D and B ;
7. As already mentioned, the app also copies the publication’s caption. If you want to include it in your post, tap CC at the top of the screen;
8. A text box will open. You can select the desired snippet manually or simply copy the entire content, in one tap, in Copy All ;
- There is also the possibility to copy only the hashtags, if any, in the option Copy hashtags.
9. To repost, tap on the icon of two arrows pointing at each other.
10. In the box that opens, go to OK ;
11. Choose whether you want to repost content in the feed, such as story or DM;
12. Instagram will open. Follow the normal publishing process;
13. If you copied it into the caption in steps 7 and 8, just tap the Write a caption box for a few seconds. Soon, you will see the Paste option, and then just tap on it. Of course, if you want, you can create a completely original text;
14. Complete the post in Share.
How to repost to Instagram from PC
Despite gathering more and more functionality in its web version, Instagram still doesn’t allow it to publish natively from the PC. Even less, repost publications.
However, it is possible to use the Downloader for Instagram extension, available for Chrome. The plugin allows you to download photos and videos and manually repost them from your computer.
1. Go to the Downloader for the Instagram page on the Chrome Web Store. Click Use in Chrome to download. In the box that opens, confirm the download in Add extension ;
2. Now access Instagram from your browser. Note that new icons will appear in the website interface;
3. Go to the post you want to repost and position your mouse pointer over the photo or video. The Download option will be displayed. Click on to download the file;
4. If you want to include the caption in your post, select the text and right-click on it. Tap Copy ;
6. A new window will open in the right corner of the screen. Tap on the + icon at the bottom;
7. Select on your PC the photo or video you want to post on Instagram;
8. On the Edit tab, you can adjust the cropping of the image. In Filter, you can include the desired filters. Made the desired edits, go to Next ;
9. Enter the caption. If you want to reproduce the original post’s caption, right-click on the caption box and choose Paste. As with the smartphone app, you can also add people and locations. Finish posting in Share.
I don’t use Chrome, now what?
Then, just publish the content normally. The tutorial How to post to Instagram from PC without downloading explains how to do this from any browser.
The Brazilian Copyright Law (Law No. 9,610 of February 19, 1998) does not have any specific information about social networks, due to the time it was created. However, legal experts recommend always giving credit to the author of the content. Otherwise, it could be considered plagiarism.
According to lawyer Ana Clara Ribeiro, if the author of the post doesn’t like it, he can request that it be deleted. One of the ways to ensure that this does not happen is to ask for permission to repost. This can be done by commenting on the original post or via private message.
There are people who save the images they want on their cell phone or PC to make new posts. However, they do not have the credits of the original author, which is not recommended. So be careful.