Compressing videos to send via WhatsApp is required when they are larger than the 16 MB size limit. According to the messenger, this corresponds to a file lasting between 90 seconds and 3 minutes. Time varies depending on image quality.
If you want to send a long content, you need to compress it until it is small enough. Here We explains how to shrink an online video to send via WhatsApp on Android and iPhone. There is no need to download any apps.
How to compress a WhatsApp video online
There are a few site options for reducing videos available. These services tend to work very similarly. We chose Clideo in our tutorial, as we consider it one of the most intuitive, as well as delivering a better quality compressed file.
1. Go to the Clideo website and tap Choose file. If you want to use a file from Dropbox or Drive, tap the arrow next to the button;
2. Choose the folder where the video is located and then tap on the movie you want to reduce;
3. The site will start the compaction process, wait until it finishes. Tap Download to download the file to your smartphone. The video will be stored in the device’s download directory.
In our test, the video was reduced by 80%. Submitted content will have the website’s watermark in the lower right corner of the screen.
Other options for compressing online videos
In addition to Clideo, it is possible to use other tools to reduce videos online and for free. Are they:
How to transform YouTube video and send to WhatsApp
There are two ways to upload YouTube videos via WhatsApp: by sending the link or by downloading the content.
Share YouTube video link via WhatsApp
1. Open the YouTube app on the video you want to watch. Tap on the Share item under the player ;
Tap on the WhatsApp icon;
3. Select the contacts or groups you want to share the video with. The limit is 5 simultaneously;
4. Tap on the green arrow, which will appear in the lower right corner of the screen,
5. The link will appear in the message box. Tap on the green send icon to send.
How to download YouTube video to upload on WhatsApp
Before sharing a YouTube video downloaded from WhatsApp, be aware of the content’s playback rights. Many films on the platform are protected by copyright law.
1. Open the YouTube app and go to the video you want to post. Tap Share, located below the player ;
2. Among the options that open, go to Copy link ;
3. Now, go to the Online Video Converter video download site and go to the Convert a Video Link option ;
4. Paste the copied link into the box indicated. Keep the MP4 option selected. If you like, you can change the video quality, kept as auto by default, to between 240p up to 1080p. Then tap Start ;
5. Wait until the process is finished and go to Download the content.
The video will be stored in your smartphone’s Downloads folder. If it’s too big, just reduce the size, reproducing the steps taught in the first part of this article.
How to send WhatsApp hair videos
Uploading a video via WhatsApp is quite simple. Just open the messenger and then the conversation you want to share it with. Then tap on a clip icon, go to Gallery and tap on the desired movie.
If you like, include a caption or edit as you wish. Complete the submission by tapping the green Send icon