It is possible to make the Facebook background black when activating dark mode. Also known as Dark Mode, the feature is available in the app for Android and iPhone phones and in the web version of the social network.
The theme promises more comfort when reading in dimly lit environments, as well as saving energy on mobile devices. Check out how to activate dark mode on each of the platforms.
On iPhone (iOS)
The dark mode is slowly being implemented in the Facebook app for iOS. If the option still does not appear for you, a tip is to check if you are using the most up-to-date version of the operating system and application.
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on the icon formed by three lines, in the lower right corner of the screen;
2. Scroll the screen to the Settings & Privacy option and tap on it;
3. In the menu that opens, go to Dark Mode ;
4. Tap Enabled.
- If you choose System, dark mode will only be enabled if it is also turned on in the iPhone settings.
1 . Open the Facebook app for Android and tap on the icon formed by three lines, in the upper right corner of the screen, to access the Menu;
2. Scroll the screen that appears until you see the Settings & Privacy option. Tap on it;
3. Go to Dark Mode ;
4. Now go to Enabled.
- If you prefer, you can choose Use system settings. In this way, dark mode will be activated only if it is also turned on in the Android settings.
On Facebook Lite
The dark mode t also commonly is present in Facebook Lite. The lighter version of the social networking app is only available for Android smartphones.
1. Open the Facebook app and tap on the icon formed by three lines in the upper right corner;
2. Scroll to the next screen and activate the switch next to Dark Mode.
On the web
1. Open the browser of your choice and go to the Facebook website. Then click the down arrow icon at the top of the screen on the right;
2. In the menu that opens, choose Display and accessibility ;
3. In the Dark Mode section, click On.
Advantages of Dark Mode
Dark Mode has been adopted by several apps besides Facebook. Among them, YouTube, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, Telegram, etc. We list below the main possible benefits that the feature can bring.
- Less exposure to blue light, which overuse can be to the same eyes and sleep quality;
- Reduced smartphone power consumption by up to 6 times, according to Google;
- According to Apple, it makes it easier for the user to focus on their work;
- It makes reading easier for people with low vision problems and those sensitive to light, also according to Google.